The bowling alley used a blacklight for illumination. Which is pretty cool looking, but doesn't show up in pictures when you use a flash. So I tried to take a couple without the flash and as art they turned out pretty neat. As a picture with identifiable people, they were a definite failure ...
So I turned on the flash which means you can get a good glimpse of Jillian's fabulous form in this picture, but not the hypnotic effect of those lacy socks glowing under the blacklight:

In between turns, everyone ate ...

Julia was able to eat "Fren Fries" her absolute favorite food and the first thing she asks for every meal.
(I picked the outfit, she picked the shoes. They don't have size 8 bowling shoes.)
Dax roamed around offering sanitizing gel to anyone who needed it ...if they could pry it out of his little monkey hands.
Julia kept an eye on the big kids as they bowled.
And wanted to be just like the older girls so she insisted on carrying her own ball (SEVEN POUNDS!) each and every time saying over and over the entire time she was lugging it, "Hea-vy! Hea-vy!"

(There were these little sloped track things that you could move in place for the little ones that weren't strong enough to throw the ball down the lane. Julia just had to put her ball on it and shove. She loved it!!)And for her first time bowling, Julia did pretty darn good. She is the first "J" listed on the screen and if you click on the picture to make it bigger, you will notice that she also has the HIGH SCORE! :)

(And, yes, she did get a strike. Which to a two-year-old's mom is not a cause for celebration. Try explaining that: "Since you did SO GOOD this time you only get one turn at the Super Fun Bowling Ball Rolling Part and now you need to let Will have his turn! Way to go! High Five!!" Somehow that doesn't translate to a Two.)



4 comments:
Sweet! Aside fro Julia's strike, I guess.
Girl, I totally copy catted you on the blog today. I can't remember if I told you I planned to or not. Please forgive me??
aw, you called me "brillant" I like that :)
And you're not copying me, you're copying some other moms that I borrowed the general concept from!
bowling is so much fun! You've reminded me of how much I used to enjoy it. I wasn't any good at it, but I enjoyed it just the same.
Oh. I'm horrible at bowling. Which is why I was more than happy to let the kids have all the fun :) On my best day, Julia would have still beaten me!
Post a Comment