07 December 2008

I Am Nine Months Old Today ...

... and I look at you when you say my name.
... and I wear size 4 diapers.
... and my current favorite activity is swinging doors back and forth and back and forth.
... and if I could, I'd eat dog food all the time.
... and I'm easily distracted.
... and I have the best giggle.
... and I think being tickled is the greatest!
... and I really hate loud noises; they scare me and make me cry.
... and I'm always falling over and bonking my noggin.
... and I eat three "solid" meals a day and drink three bottles each day.
... and I wake up around 7 am, but Mom usually leaves me in my crib to wake up and talk to my sister until 8 am.
... and I wake up HUNGRY!
... and I do NOT like being left behind.
... and my favorite toys are balls and vehicles (I like things that ROLL!)
... and I also try to play with Echo's tail.
... and I'd really like to play with my sister's cups, but every time I manage to get my hands on one, it gets snatched away.
... and when I wake up in the mornings and after naps, the first thing I do is throw all pacifiers out of my bed and then I get upset that I don't have a pacifier.
... and I make the cutest face where I suck in my upper lip and then poke the tip of my tongue out.
... and I love getting kisses :-*
... and I'm really trying to give up my morning nap, but if I don't take one, I end up too tired to take an afternoon one which Mommy says is no good for anyone.
... and I prefer elastic waist bands because my diapers are giving me a rash around my waist and the fitted waist bands are too tight. (Mama, could we please switch back to cloth soon?)
... and I do NOT want to cuddle unless I'm getting fed my bottle or I've gotten scared.
... and I talk quite a bit.
... and if you pick me up, be prepared to stand there and hold me for a while because I do NOT like to be set down.
... and I find that banging things together to make noise is lots of fun!
... and when I cry, I look so pitiful with my tears rolling down my cheeks.
... and if you stand still long enough, I will try to climb up your leg.
... and I love to eat: peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, applesauce, apples & mangos, bananas, carrots, biter biscuits, french fries, tomato soup, puffs, Cheerios, butternut squash
... and if you put my sister and I down for a nap at the same time, we talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk until one of us crashes asleep (while we talk we're usually grabbing anything we can reach and tossing it on the floor).
... and I have six teeth.
... and I love standing up.
... and I've started crawling like normal (no more "steering leg") unless I'm in a hurry or need to turn a corner :)
... and my least favorite part of getting dressed is getting my arms in and out of the sleeves.
... and I hate getting my diaper changed because I have to lay on my back.
... and I still use my pacifier.
... and I chew on my thumb a lot, too.
... and I can pick up my pacifier and get it back in my mouth all by myself now.
... and I'm such a happy little guy.


[picture placeholder]

Love,
Dax

0 comments: