25 June 2008

What Dave Did

While we were gone, Dave didn't have quite as much time to work through his "Things To Get Done" list as he thought he would. Having to go to work everyday really cuts into your available time. I did get two big surprises on my return. The first I noticed as we drove up. It's pretty easy to spot the two enormous, overgrown bushes that went missing. Our neighbors helped Dave remove two of my least favorite bushes from our front bed. I have no pictures of that accomplishment yet.

My next surprise was this:

He built me a platform! For those who have never been to our house, the door from our kitchen to the garage has a big concrete step down into the garage. The door from the garage to the laundry room also has a big concrete step. You have to go from kitchen to garage to laundry room in order to reach the prize: hanging out on our deck. I would always have to make several trips for a simple half hour outside since I would have to carry Julia across the steps. (I also worried about her falling off one step and smashing her noggin on the other step on the way down.) Now, I just open the door and Julia can run straight outside while I follow at a more leisurely pace with Dax and my glass of iced tea. I love it!!

Thanks, Dave!

1 comments:

BB said...

That is perfect! What a clever husband...
mom