04 September 2007

A Labor Day List

1. We've also got Julia finger-fooding American cheese (which she loves to squish, hates to eat) and banana (which is too slippery, but fun). We strap her in the high chair, stick it in the kitchen, and give her bits of food while we fix our breakfast/lunch/dinner. In fact, we found out this weekend when we were in a hurry and tried to save some time, we've created a monster. If you try to feed her baby foods without letting her eat finger foods first, she throws a fit! She cries and screams and tries to throw herself sideways out of the chair. Silly girl.

2. I've been complaining about our bath towels for so long, I don't remember when I started. Poor David. But it turns out Labor Day weekend is a fantastic time to buy new bath things! I found some fabulous towels at Kohl's and we replaced all our bath towels, hand towels and washcloths for less than we would have paid for the bath towels regularly! They are so fluffy and beautiful. We bought all the same color (Provincial Blue), and they look great in both bathrooms. In our bathroom, the towels match our "newly dyed" bath mats nearly perfectly! Hee.

3. We maybe should have spent our time posting pictures. Oops. I have over two hundred on my computer. Most of them aren't worth posting, but I promise to get the others edited and posted this week. They may not have cute captions or tags, but they'll be up where you can see them and that's all that counts, right?

4. Julia's officially our little cruiser. She's getting quite skilled at travelling the length of the couch standing up. Echo and I sit at opposite ends of the couch so she divides her time between the two of us.

5. No new teeth for Julia. The two on the bottom keep growing and growing, but there don't seem to be any others eager to make an appearance.

6. I'm starting to feel a bit better (Yeah Second Trimester!). I'm still taking the Promethazine and I still crash around 6:30 or so every night. As long as I get all my chores done in the morning, I do okay. If I try to leave any for the afternoon, forget it! I'll be glad when I can start cooking again. I did manage to make it to the grocery store this weekend and even walked by the deli meats without feeling sick! Progress!!

0 comments: