Thanks, Jamie! for telling me your plans for a fun Saturday outing with your boyfriend (my brother-in-law, Christopher) at a Texas state park. It reminded me that Dave and I hadn't really taken advantage of this resource when finding things to do during our weekends.
We had fun when we lived in Arlington visiting Dinosaur Valley State Park. We saw the dinosaur tracks and swam in the river. We also took pictures next to the gigantic fiberglass dinosaurs. Dinosaur Valley is also where we (probably illegally) took home a water bottle full of tiny fish to put in our aquarium. I managed to kill all the fish we bought at the pet store, but the ones we got from the park lived for a long time.
Here in Knoxville, we live close to several parks. I'm making plans for us to visit Big Ridge State Park and Norris Dam State Park. Norris Dam looks like it has some really cool programs available all year round. I'd like to try the Annual Wildflower Hike, the Grist Mill Tour, Birds of Tennessee, Hill Cave Tours, Spring Wildflower Walks, Fall Color Cruises and some of the others listed. How cool. Plus, you can fish. I never catch anything (and I wouldn't want to eat anything I caught), but I like to fish.
0 comments:
Post a Comment