19 March 2006

I'm counting it all as an anniversary celebration

Whew! What a weekend. And it's only half over. Well, ours kind of started Thursday night when we went to the Wilco concert at the Tennessee Theater with Steve and Gianna. We were supposed to meet them at Tomato Head in Market Square, but Gianna had to work late (hours befitting a newly graduated and licensed lawyer). We enjoyed our meal with Steve ... I highly suggest the appetizer of pesto and bread. Yummy. Although, you will burp pesto the entire night. Steve got Gianna's meal to go, and we walked over to the theater to meet her. And, other than getting to see the inside of the theater, that concluded the best portion of the evening. The show was much more "rock star" than I was thinking based on the CDs Dave had played for me. Dave agreed. We left the show with our ears ringing without waiting for the encores. (The next day at school I found out from some students who had also gone to the show that there were two encores. The band played 5 songs in the first and 3 in the second.) I have no pictures from the evening because on the ticket it said cameras were not allowed at the concert. I saw some people with cameras, but since security was searching people at the door, I was glad I didn't have mine. With my luck, I would have been the person they told to take it back to the car!
Friday was officially our five-year anniversary. It really doesn't seem like we've been married for that long. Of course, it was three years before we quit looking at each other with big grins and saying, "Hey! We're married!" I guess it took that long to sink in that we were finally married. We celebrated that evening by going to Downtown Grill and Brewery. Of course, I had forgotten that other people have a reason to celebrate on that day. And since it is a brewery, the place was packed with tipsy people wearing green. (By the time we left it was packed with drunk people wearing green.) We decided to just go ahead and wait for our table. Eventually we were seated and had a yummy meal. We ate the pretzels and beer cheese for an appetizer. Dave had the Captain Sirloin (steak stuffed with shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, bacon and garlic butter) with seasoned rice and cinnamon apples as his sides. He also got a chance to try the State Street Stout. I was a little less daring. I had the mesquite grilled steak (plain) with mashed potatoes and a side salad. Neither of us could finish our food so Dave will end up with a really good lunch to take to work on Monday! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Steele for sending us out somewhere nice. We followed your instructions! :)
Saturday, though exhausted, we rolled ourselves out of bed early. Echo had an appointment with the groomer at PetsMart so she would look pretty for Mom and Dad. Dave and I had an appointment with 409, Lysol and Clorox to clean the house so it would look pretty for Mom and Dad. It really, really needed it. Trust me. Except for getting some of the boxes into the attic, we managed to finish before they arrived. Sort of. It's clean, but not necessarily neat. They met Echo, laughed because her tail looked funny the way the groomer left it, and we got take out from Panda Garden. We ate, watched TV, and everyone just recovered from the day. Hopefully today we'll take it easy and just go through the boxes of stuff they brought. Mom found all sort of old schoolwork, drawings, photos and other memorabilia from my brother's and my school years. Did you know that in 3rd grade my favorite movie star was Kermit? :)

0 comments: