27 January 2006

Echo's home!

I picked up Echo from her unexpected extended stay at Spa Veterinarian this afternoon. The docs never did find out what was wrong. Apparently, this is not unusual in cases of gastric distress in puppies. The general theory is she ate something that disagreed with her, possibly more than once. It was rather an expensive non-diagnosis, but better that than some piece of a toy lodged in an intestinal turn. At least she didn't have to have surgery.
She was quite happy to see me at the vet's office. I could tell because she peed all over my pants when she climbed in my lap. Awwww ... how sweet. She's back to her crazy puppy self, running around, chewing, growling, barking, jumping and bell ringing. (She rings a bell attached to the garage door to tell us when she needs to go out to the bathroom. Or sometimes just when she's bored and wants to see us come running.) I'm glad to have her home, even if the first thing she did was sniff around her newly cleaned crate, squat and pee right in the middle of it. I guess she was glad to see her crate, too.

0 comments: