23 March 2010

Drumroll Please ...

This young man ...



... had a birthday! Not that you would know that from this blog. I'd like to pretend that's because there's lots of stuff getting done in real life, but there's only about two people that read this that don't know me in real life so that little lie would be immediately spotted and commented upon. I can say with all honesty that I have not known where my camera was located for the past few weeks. Those of you that know me in real life will have no trouble believing that!

Anyway, much like Julia, I was behind in scheduling Dax for his two year checkup. But only by a couple of weeks. We went today. Nurse Molly said he looks very healthy. Here are his stats:

height: 34.4 inches (45th percentile)
weight: 28 pounds 2.5 ounces (60th percentile)
head circumference: 51.2 cm (off the charts)

For those of you curious how his stats compare with Julia's, check here. All I'll say is that I think my fears will be coming true. A 6'2" daughter and a 5'7" son. :) Regardless, I'll be looking up to both my children, I'm sure.

He's incredibly verbal. Much more so than Julia at the same age. But he's not as advanced physically. My own personal (extremely unscientific) theory is that their brains can only work on developing one set of skills at a time. It's something I've seen happen in both kids so far.

0 comments: