09 February 2010

Happy Birthday To You!

One of the kids' favorite games right now is to stack up their nesting buckets into a "birthday cake." Most often, it is a big cake "for my Daddy," but occasionally they break it down into four smaller "cakes" and there's "one for Julia, one for Dax, one for Daddy and one for you, Mommy!" Then Julia sings her version of "Happy Birthday" with Dax providing slightly delayed backup vocals, and everyone pretends to blow out his or her candles. Fun times.

And as everybody knows, things only get funner with fire. (I'd like that on a t-shirt.) So, I did an impromptu birthday celebration with leftover candles from Julia's third birthday and "cake." Okay, the cake is actually the two halves of a hamburger bun, but the kids didn't care. After all, they got to blow out candles again and again and again and again ...

Julia saw these pink sparkly heart plates at Target and had to have one :)


They seemed a little girly for Dax,
but I didn't want him not to feel the Valentine's Day Love ...





Dax got ready to blow out his candles ...

But didn't have much success.

Which is why God invented Big Sisters :)


1 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! I LOVE those plates. Too cute. I know what you mean about the marker stains on clothes. I guess being an "eraser" type marker I didn't realize they stained EVERYTHING else!!