15 June 2009

Change Of Heart

Before I became a mom, I wanted to know all the answers. The whats and whys and hows of everything. I still have a fairly healthy curiosity and am probably willing to ask more questions than people are willing to answer. But I've discovered there are a whole slew of answers I'm willing to live without.


--Wait ... exactly how much dog food/play dough/Crayon did you eat?!? (Never mind.)
--When and how did half a cup of uncooked rice make it into the laundry basket?!? (Never mind.)
--How old are those goldfish crackers you found (and ate)?!? (Never mind.)


There are more, I'm sure. Those are just the ones from the past couple of days.




(We've got video chatting up and going on my computer! Anyone with a camera and a Skype (joannabouldin) or Gmail
(jbouldin) account can make long-distance faces at my kids if you so desire. Or talk to me "face-to-face." Julia doesn't quite understand it yet, I think she thinks she's watching TV. So she actually does most of her talking after we've already hung up, but she'll get there eventually. Angela, Dave and I thought it'd be funny to see what Elena and Julia would do. :P)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

you should totally add me on skype!

JB said...

We loved talking on the Google video chat yesterday. Julia was cracking us up.

AnnaLisa Homan said...

Definitely requires a skype kid-2-kid trial. Megan loves it...

BB said...

I'll be home all day tomorrow. We can try it out again then. Can't wait! mom

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Ha! Good point, there are probably some things that are just better not known. :)

Angela said...

Now that we have a decent home computer, we'll have to get our video thing set up too so we can try that. Probably would take a bit of getting used to for them to figure out what's going on, but I have no doubt Elena would LOVE it and request it often. We'll let you know when we get it set up - hopefully this weekend?