Dax found a ball ...

Julia found a hula hoop ...
BUT ...Then the band started ...
And Julia DANCED ...







DaxMan still had his ball ...

Julia forced random strangers (Hi, Melissa! :P) to dance with her ...



And then Dave, Jenny and Grayson showed up and I didn't take anymore pictures. Really. We had them here for three days and had an awesome time watching the babies all play together, but my camera stayed off. Then we all headed to the Atlanta area for the Cochran family reunion and ... my camera still mostly stayed off. I have one or two photos I'll post once I get around to unpacking the camera, but that's it. Sad, but true.
However, even without pictures, I have a few stories to tell, but those will have to wait. (This is a nice way of saying that my next post will be all wordy and stuff without anything to break it up. Feel free to skip it.) Today, I have to cook a bunch of stuff from our freezer since I apparently didn't get the door shut all the way last night and woke up to find a lake in our kitchen and a lot of food that needs to be cooked RIGHT NOW!! I am focusing on the positive and seeing this as me cleaning out the freezer and not just cleaning up after a silly mistake :) Plus, I can put off unpacking for another day!
5 comments:
Ah, I wondered about her love of dancing. She's been practicing... Great time seeing you all. And enjoyed the kiddos immensely. Looking forward to October now. mom
Jaime and I are shocked at how big Dax is getting! I mean, he looks like quite the little kid. WOW!
Then there's Julia... we LOVE her dancing! I see that "great" dancing runs in the family. Elena is equally as entranced when she dances and almost as good.
They are so darn cute. We love them both and miss you all!
Dave and I realized a couple of weeks ago that when Julia was Dax's age, she'd already been a big sister for over a month!! That's just crazy!
Dancing is her thing ... that and scratching mosquito bites.
We miss you guys, too. Any chance you've got the computer camera set up? We should try a grown-up trial after the kids' bedtime sometime to make sure everything works. (I typed that last sentence without the word "kids'" and the re-read it and realized it sort of gave a dirty vibe to the comment ... )
No wonder I'm a terrible dancer--I don't use my tongue. Julia must get her dancing skills from Gran and Grandpa. Precious little ones. We sure did enjoy seeing them.
The tongue is really the source of her dancing powers.
Post a Comment