01 May 2009

Has Anyone Seen Our Echo Dog?

(alternate title) "Ways We Continue To Make Echo Lose Her Puppy Dignity"

We took Echo to the groomer with explicit instructions to shave her down. Dax and Julia did not recognize her when she came home ...


(sorry for this unattractive view, but it's the best picture I have of her shaved tail)

And in case you're wondering where I've been all week ... My time has mainly been spent watching Julia asleep on the couch. Poor monkey has been so sick. She's had a temperature ranging from 102-104 degrees all week. Tylenol has been our best friend. She has no energy and is just so limp. However, you will be delighted to know (since you are not here having to take care of her) that she was decidedly cranky yesterday evening which means her antibiotics are starting to work and she is on the mend!

Please click on the photo above to enlarge it and take note of the following things:
1) Julia's Monkey Socks -- she loves her set of monkey socks above all other socks and chooses them to wear daily. She cares not if the day of the week printed on the bottom of the sock actually is the correct day nor if the color of the socks matches her outfit. They have monkeys on the top and that makes them perfect.
2) The little blue band-aid peeking out above the sock on her right foot. She woke up one morning at 7am screaming her head off. I rushed in sure that the ceiling had (silently) collapsed on top of her and she told me "Band-aid off!" Sure enough her band-aid had fallen off and she "needed" a new one.
3) The "I've been Krogering" stickers decorating her pants. Girl loves her stickers.



And in happier news (to me) I got a new camera lens (and a remote for my camera) with my birthday monies so you should be seeing even more pictures of My Cute Babies.


2 comments:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

I hope she's all better now (I'm a little behind with my blog reading if you can't tell). Don't you just love taking pups to the groomer? They come back all shiny and new. Or if you're like our dog, they come back with little sores and cuts from the groomer who apparently went to fast and/or didn't know what she was doing. :(

The Bouldins said...

Oh no! Poor Oscar! Echo had that happen one time ... my husband decided to groom her and she ended up with bald patches and little nicks and cuts everywhere :)


(And I love when we get her back all shag-free and soft)