Yesterday during our outside time, we had the added attraction of SNOW!! After wet, drippy, cold days, we finally had a wet, flaky, cold day. Julia enjoyed running around in it and shovelling it off the chairs and table on the deck. The snow fell the entire day, but the weather and ground were warm enough that it didn't really pile up (except on the tables and chairs). It apparently continued to snow during the night because the ground appears to be covered now. We'll see if it sticks around through the morning.
(For those of you who are misled by the fact that we live UP in Tennessee, Knoxville is actually in a valley. Which means it stays warmer than the rest of the state. And we really only get one snow fall a year. It doesn't matter if one hour to the east or west of us has twenty million snow days. Those areas are either in the mountains (east) or on the plateau (west) and therefore get the snow. This suits me fine. Snow is not inevitable nor a constant presence; it might show up once a year and when it does you can enjoy it knowing that in a couple of days (if not hours) it'll be gone and life will go back to normal.)
Shoveling off the table
(I know, we need to get that girl some gloves. And a real coat.
She does have two jackets on [layering!] and I ended up putting socks on her hands.)
(I know, we need to get that girl some gloves. And a real coat.
She does have two jackets on [layering!] and I ended up putting socks on her hands.)


Shopping

Peeking out at the yard

Echo helped clean off the chairs

1 comments:
That looks like such wonderful fun! And it's just the way I like snow, too.
Post a Comment