Height: 27.1 inches (75 percentile)
Weight: 19 pounds 13 ounces (85 percentile)
Head: 46.1 cm (off the charts!)
His percentiles for height and weight are evening out a bit. Guess all that time we spend stretching him on the rack is paying off :)
He got three shots today--DTP (Diphtheria, tetanus & pertussis), Polio, and Hep B. Next appointment (9 months) he doesn't have any shots scheduled, but will probably end up getting the flu vaccine! Poor boy! In addition to his shots, his circumcision site had grown over (again)! I had the nurse show me very specifically the amount of pressure to use to tug on the skin so that I keep that open, but don't tear anything. Last time, we kept vaseline on the site for two months after they reopened it, but I guess that wasn't long enough. If it's grown over again at his nine month visit I don't know what I'll do ... hire someone to come change diapers and make sure it's okay, I guess.
Otherwise she said Dax looks strong and healthy. She didn't have an issue with the fact that we've been too lazy to feed him any solids other than rice cereal. Just suggested we start with veggies, then fruits, then meats. We can do that! She laughed a bit at his crawling styles and said he'll probably be a bit backwards and learn to crawl well first and then learn how to sit up. She said it's not unusual with younger kids that are trying to keep up with older siblings. And Dax is definitely trying to keep up with his big sister!
On the way home, Dax decided he'd had enough excitement for the morning.
0 comments:
Post a Comment