AUGUST 29:
Dave:
approximately 8 oz of Powerade
10 oz of smoothie
Julia:
approximately 12 oz of water with 4 oz of grape juice mixed in
one bite of peach
one bite of yogurt
one Gerber Graduates Cereal Bar
two tiny bites of cheese
one mini marshmallow
two Popsicles
Yes, we are a sick household. Dave is recovering well from surgery. He's sitting up in bed and watching movies on his laptop. He says it hurts worse to swallow today than it did yesterday, but that's to be expected. I've stocked up on frozen fruits, frozen spinach, oatmeal and milk to make smoothies with a little bit of fiber so he doesn't starve.
Poor Julia has goopy nose and a fever of around 102. She's miserable. We're keeping her doped on Tylenol and some prescription decongestant we had leftover from her last bout with nose gunk. If she's not feeling lots better by Tuesday (Monday's Labor Day=doctor's office closed) then we'll be headed to the pediatrician. At least she's drinking enough fluids that she has several pee-filled diapers each day. She ate two Popsicles for her dinner last night so I've taken some of Dave's smoothie and put it in Popsicle molds in the freezer. Hopefully we can convince her to eat those and get a bit more nutrients. I'm making a simple strawberry syrup to add to her milk so she'll drink it. I think her throat is so sore she's not interested in swallowing anything!
Thank goodness my mom is here!
0 comments:
Post a Comment