29 February 2008

Oh What A Night!

No, DLB 3 still hasn't made an appearance ... the doc says everything looks good, I'm progressing slowly and may not make it to my appointment next week, but who really knows! Thanks for all the prayers that he might stay in place while his daddy was out of town.

**This next part is gross. I nearly threw up ... Welcome to Motherhood (Again)**

I thought I had mentioned last time Julia was stopped up how blessed we've been that she hasn't been really sick during her first year, but I can't find the post. Well, she's decided to change all that during her second year! I heard her crying a little last night, but it sounded like her usual "I'm awake in the middle of the night, maybe if I make some noise someone will come play with me" kind of whimpering. It went on for about an hour until she worked herself up into a good cry. At that point, I went to get her and see if anything was wrong. Boy was it! I walked in and the room smelled like a sewer. I was still half asleep so I went and just picked her up. About that time, my brain caught up and remembered that I hadn't put on my glasses so I couldn't see A THING. And there were chunks all down the front of Julia's PJ's. Not a good sign. I managed to get my glasses on and get Julia cleaned up (during which I found out that she had exploded out of both ends ...) I took her to our room for Dave to watch while I cleaned everything up and tossed the whole lot in the washing machine. Afterwards, all Julia wanted to do was sleep cuddled up next to Mama ... leaving my night's sleep practically nonexistent. (It was one of the few times I have been frustrated close to tears about being so hugely pregnant right now. I just could not lay there and snuggle her in one position for very long at all.) She's still asleep on our bed and we'll see how she feels this morning.

I'm doubly grateful Dax stayed put. It would have been a horrible night for Julia and her babysitters if Dave and I had been at the hospital! Eek!

0 comments: