02 April 2007

Spring

How do I know Spring has sprung? Because I'm finally sick of waking up feeling like I have a fever because the down comforter is still on the bed.

In past years (the four that have gone by since we bought the comforter), when I replaced the down comforter with our cotton quilt, I've dropped the comforter off at the dry cleaners for its once a year cleaning. (We have a comforter cover that gets washed fairly regularly.) However, since the dry cleaning costs around $60 I'm wondering if I could just drape it over our shower rod, dowse it with Febreze on both sides, let it air out for a few days and then store it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're being overcharged for cleaning your down comforter. I get mine dry cleaned for about $15. I wouldn't spray it down with Febreze and let it go at that - maybe call around and find a lower-priced dry cleaner first. Maybe dry cleaning is just cheaper in small town Texas, ha.

The Bouldins said...

Well, ours is a king so it's more expensive than smaller sized comforters. And I did check a couple different places the first year, but none of them did down comforters.

I'm now considering throwing it in our washer on the hand wash cycle, rinsing it twice and then air drying it.