03 April 2007

Playing Catch-Up

Sheesh! We've had a lot going on. Nothing very "blog worthy" but added together they make for a good blog.

1) Dave shaved his beard. And if you know Dave, you know he made it a work of art.

The beard all fluffed up pre-shave.

Cute Dave

There was much deliberation as to the middle of the shave look--fake handlebar moustache, goatee. He finally decided on chops. And he wore them to work the next day.

Front View

Side view.

2) I finally took pictures of Julia in the sweater my mom knitted for her. (My Aunt Bev gave my mom a knitting book with patterns for baby clothes and yellow yarn for Christmas. Mom knitted the sweater when she was here helping out after Julia was born.)

This one has the added benefit of cute baby toes peeking out from too-big blue jeans.

A head shot.

Cute baby feet.

3) Julia spends several hours nearly every day hanging out on her activity mat. I put the mat on our bed so she can either talk to Purple Giraffe and Lion or converse with Ceiling Fan. Echo usually curls up close to, but not touching, the mat.

Can you find where Echo "hid" her bone?


Profile shot for Grandpa Steele.


4) My friend Stacy gave me a starter for Amish Friendship Bread when I visited her house in March. (No pictures from that bread, sorry) It got me interested in trying to make bread. Dave's friend from work, Kevin, has brought in some sourdough bread to share and offered starter to anyone who wanted it. Last Thursday, we drove to their house and picked some up. My first attempt.

Looks pretty good so far.

After the first rising ... I need a bigger bowl.

Cooked and ready to eat. (I also need cooling racks.)

The big loaf didn't pop out of pan. I guess I didn't grease it well enough. (It also overflowed the pan after the second rise. I guess I need a bigger pan.)

And there you have it. A lot of little day-to-day things that are keeping us busy. Today my goal is to get outside and get pictures of the dogwood tree before it loses its blossoms.

0 comments: