06 December 2006

Open Drains, Open Bar ...

We are proud to announce that as of around 4:00 pm yesterday, we have TWO functional bathtubs, TWO functional bathroom sinks and TWO functional toilets. Yes, we finally had the plumber out to the house to dislodge the gunk that had accumulated in our drains. Gross.
He's also going to give us an estimate on replacing the pipes underneath the house which should really help our water pressure issues. Dave has to call him to explain what we want done because I had no clue. I basically just requested an estimate for complete replacement of all the pipes and then nearly fainted when he said it would be around $3700!!! Eek!
We also went to a Christmas Open House given by a company here in town. We always RSVP a big YES for free food. It was a pretty impressive bash. They had vendor booths set up showing off various building products, but I just ignored them. I concentrated on the buffet: pasta bar, cheese and fruit tray, stuffed mushrooms (two kinds!), spring rolls, spinach dip, chicken kabobs, and a carving station with roast beef! Plus about a dozen different desserts were up for grabs. AND a very well-stocked open bar. There was around two hundred people there which meant no one noticed how often you went back for more food! :) My type of party.

0 comments: