30 November 2006

Things that have happened ...

Thanksgiving

Nannie and Pa drove in from McMinnville to see our house and take us out to eat for Thanksgiving. We were excited to add "Not having to cook" on our "Things We Are Thankful For" list!! They arrived around 11:30 and took the guided tour of our property. We had snacks out (cheese, crackers, grapes, carrots, tomatoes) because our reservation wasn't until 2:45, and I knew I would have to eat before then! (The Peanut likes her food and doesn't like to be kept waiting! Definitely our child.) They brought The Peanut a teddy bear and a very cute dress that matches the teddy bear's outfit! And Pa picked out the "I Love My Great-Grandpa" bib. :)
Lunch was at the Italian Market and Grill. (This is the same restaurant we went to with my parents for our Birthday Brunch.) There was quite a bit of food: salads, roasted turkey, fried turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, broccoli casserole, chips and spinach dip, and other stuff I don't remember. Of course, the big attraction was the dessert table. Yummy cakes and pies with a big bowl of the homemade whipped cream just ready for eating! No one walked away hungry. Thanks Nannie and Pa for a great Thanksgiving Day!

Nursery

We spent most of the Thanksgiving holiday sorting through the clothes and boxes that had been "temporarily" stored in the nursery closet. We made quite a bit of progress getting things thrown out or re-boxed for attic storage. I know my dad will be impressed that we've got all our hanging clothes in our own closets now. (We had been taking up about half The Peanut's closet with our overflow!)
My friend, Carole, is sewing the hem bias tape on the back of the quilt so we can hang it on the wall. (It can't go in the crib with The Peanut yet, but I didn't want to just store it away in the closet.) Dave has purchased the spray paint and other materials for making the animals to hang on the wall. Once those projects are finished, we're just waiting for Sam's to deliver the reclining glider rocker and for The Peanut to make her appearance. Then, the nursery will be complete.
Oh, wait ... I forgot. I still have to find a bookcase and we also have need of a little extra storage for her extra sheets, towels, blankets, etc. We're working on it.

Random Stuff

I went out with two friends to Cha Cha Tapas Bar on Tuesday night. Even though they had removed the Apple and Manchego Cheese Salad with White Peach Vinaigrette from the menu, I had a great time. After registering my dismay with the waitress over the elimination of my favorite tapas, we sat and talked and shared food and desserts until we could barely move! It was really nice to get out of the house for fun rather than for errands!

Dave's company Christmas party is tomorrow night. He also has a couple other holiday parties that are work related later in the month. Last year, we won the $50 gift certificate in the trivia contest and brought home a bottle of Jack Daniels from Dirty Santa. Since it hasn't even been opened, we might bring the Jack Daniels as our contribution to Dirty Santa this year!

I also have an appointment to get my hair cut at 2:30 this afternoon. Woo-hoo!

Oh, and Dave got to be my knight in shining armor and come to my rescue when I ran out of gas. Oops! Worse, it happened on the big hill of Parkdale (the street you are on RIGHT BEFORE you turn off to ours). If you've ever been to our house, you know that road has no shoulder, and people just speed up (or down) it. I ended up (mostly) in a lawn on the side of the road. It was owned by a very nice couple that let me use their phone since I didn't have the cell phone with me. I really need to get the gas gauge fixed on my car. My sweet husband left work and brought me enough gas to get to the gas station. He didn't even make very many comments! :) What a nice man.

0 comments: