05 September 2006

We put the Labor in Labor Day

We had a good time visiting McMinnville this past weekend. The main event of the weekend was a reception for Dave's cousin, Cindy, and her new husband, James. Cindy and James were married in Las Vegas on August 12. Since the ceremony included immediate family only, Tracey and Stan threw a party for the newlyweds at their house. It was a typical party: girls in one room looking through the wedding album, guys in another watching football and eating. As at any do involving members of the Newby family, no one walked away hungry! (I particularly enjoyed the strawberry creme cake. YUMMY!)
I didn't get any pictures of the bride and groom together, but here's Cindy opening the gift from Christopher and Jamie & Dave and I.
I was in charge of gift wrap & delivery for the Bouldins and did such an unfortunate job wrapping their gift it made me laugh. (Sorry David and Jackie!)

The next day we relaxed at Nannie and Pa's house. Of course, there was swimming. (Jacob didn't want me to take pictures of him.)






And Dave practiced being a Daddy.














Once he set her right-side up, Jenna played peekaboo with Pa.










And then on Labor Day, we helped Tracey and Stan and Casey move to their new house in Manchester. Whew! It was an exhausting, fun weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really miss Tennessee!