03 April 2006

Weekend

Despite the storms predicted, for most of the weekend we had gorgeous weather. We took advantage of it by hanging out with Echo outside as often as we could. We worked on one of her newest tricks: Sit Pretty. The land was sloped just enough that she couldn't really keep her balance. So she ended up either barely lifting her front paws or falling over when she tried to sit tall.

The people who lived here before us evidently got a good deal on tulips. They planted them all over. And in really strange places and groupings. They are pretty, though. I took pictures of some that were blooming on Sunday. I'm glad I got the pictures before the massive storm hit on Sunday night.



Sunday afternoon the tulips were the epitome of cool.






Monday afternoon they were just sad.




I was on the phone with my dad when the storm hit. Echo started barking and as I told her to hush, I looked out the living room window. A huge sheet of white was just moving towards our house. First the house across the street disappeared, then the street, then it hit. Boom! I thought the hail would break the window. It tapered off after a bit and then started up again later in the night. All in all, we made it through relatively unscathed.

Other than worry about the windows breaking or trees falling, our power went out from 2 to 6:40 am and a small tree limb got stuck on our roof.






Oh, and the sad, sad tulips.





(My vegetable garden took a beating as well, but I don't have pictures.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Echo is too cute. Also, poor tulips! The storm you guys got originated around Paris - apparently I missed out on the bad tornado weather while I was gone. I'm not sorry I missed out.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with what my grand-puppy has learned - it's exciting to see her grow up :)

The Bouldins said...

Jackie ... Thanks. We, of course, take full credit for our dog's smarts. We feel that she would have been much less intelligent in the hands of dumber people than ourselves.

Jamie ... I was so sad about my tulips. I loved them and they were a total surprise when they popped up this spring. And Echo says thanks and she doesn't think you're bad looking either. :) She did want to know why you didn't like her enough to come meet her, but I think we steered the conversation in a neutral direction subtly enough that she didn't notice that we never answered. hee.