Even though I don't think dogs differentiate between weekdays and weekends, she had to spend nearly her whole weekend urping up the contents of her stomach. That's miserable regardless of which day it is. It started Saturday night and continued right on into Sunday. Here's what her schedule looked like:
Saturday
6:20 pm - urp four little spots on the living room rug
Sunday
4:40 am - urp in crate
5:15 am - urp in crate
6:00 am - urp in crate
8:30 am - breakfast
9:00 am - urp up breakfast
11:00 am - urp a lot of water on Joanna's computer chair mat
6:00 pm - a little dinner
7:00 pm - urp up the little dinner
9:00 pm - urp up again
The rest of her day was spent curled up on my coat underneath the window in the living room. She looked so pitiful. She didn't even follow us around the house.
This morning she had much more energy, but I went ahead and took her to the vet just in case. Temperature, etc. was normal. She got a shot of Reglan to help with the nausea and some Famotidine tablets for some reason that I don't remember.
The vet also gave her special canned food to eat for a couple days to help out her stomach. She likes the food and has gulped 2/3 of a can already. Since she hasn't thrown up yet, I'm hoping she's on the mend. We'll try mixing in a little of her dry food tomorrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment